12 May 2009

Moosewood Cookbook


I had a lot of cookbooks growing up. The first cookbook I remember seeking out on my own, and using regularly was the Moosewood Cookbook by Mollie Katzen. The cookbook grew out of the Moosewood Restaurant in Ithaca, New York. It was a big, paperback filled with hand written recipes of the “crunchy granola” type though there is no actual granola recipe.

I survived my vegetarian phase with the Moosewood Cookbook and found recipes I use to this day.

My favorite recipe one for Cauliflower Marranca, which I never once made with cauliflower, I always made it broccoli. Either one works beautifully.
Here is, in all it’s had written glory.



Remember, feel free to substitute broccoli.

2 comments:

  1. this is my all time favorite recipe from the Moosewood cookbook. I've been making it for years...and always with cauliflower. I had to look it up on the internet cause I can't find my copy of the moosewood.:-((

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin