31 March 2009

In & Out of the Kitchen


In & Out of the Kitchen -- In 15 Minutes or Less is one of Anne Willan's lesser known books. It came out slightly before the fashion of doing books on how to get in and out of the kitchen in 15 minutes or less became popular.

My friend Anne (not Anne Willan) and I often talk about how food from France looks better than food in America. It seems odd, but even quick and easy food tossed on a plate in France just looks better. The pictures in this book prove that. They are all so lovely, but I admit they are a tad "stagey!"

I pulled out this recipe, because I love it. It is one of those "recipes" that is not really a recipe, just instruction.


Melon Salad with Balsamic Vinegar

2 small ripe melons
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
4 teaspoons sugar
1 1/2 pints raspberries

1. Mix vinegar and sugar in bowl. Pick over raspberries and add to bowl, stirring to mix.

2. Trim ends of melons so they will sit flat, cut them in half and scoop out seeds.

3. Fill with raspberries and juice, cover loosely with wrap, chill at least 20 minutes.


Here is my recipe:

Lucinda's Cantaloupe with Balsamic Syrup.

1. Cut a cantaloupe

2. Sprinkle with balsamic syrup

Eat up!


Hey, I could be in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin